Are you looking for an inspiring and dynamic speaker for your next conference, retreat or meeting, who will wow stakeholders and the audience?
Photo credit (above) Yvonne Bambrick
“If you are looking for a coach, teacher or facilitator to open your mind to the possibilities, engage your creativity and inspire you to action, Natalie is your professional.”
Gretchen Pisano, Founder, Sounding Board Inc.
Masters of Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP), Washington
Natalie speaks to organizations, associations, and community groups who are focused on doing good work in the world. As a highly sought-after and captivating professional speaker and workshop leader and facilitator, Natalie has delivered several hundred talks and presentations to thousands of people. Whether it is a keynote or plenary at a conference, or a workshop at your off-site retreat or departmental meeting, Natalie connects with her audience about what matters and will inspire them to take note and to take action.
Natalie is redefining the keynote and workshop experience. Her Forward Momentum Program, which capitalizes on the latest behaviour change neuroscience and social science is offered complimentary to all clients. Through her visual storytelling approach, Natalie creates a highly interactive and engaging experience, exploring topics ranging from creative collaboration and mastering your mindset, to workplace well-being. Audiences benefit from the practical strategies, tools and the action steps she shares that spark meaningful change lasting far beyond the event itself.
“Natalie’s training was engaging, relevant and customized to meet the needs of our group. With a young, largely Millennial workforce, Natalie ensured that the ½ day trainings she provided were customized in their delivery and in the desired outcomes.
Following Natalie’s training, our managers were able to take their learning and apply it immediately to their teams. We’ve seen great success in managing staff with a focus on strengths as opposed to weaknesses. So much so, that we’ve incorporated this into how we evaluate performance.”
Matt Tod, Associate Director, Training & Development, Free The Children & Me to We, Toronto
“Natalie is a triple threat in the classroom. She has an excellent ability to understand and assess the needs of the learner, creates innovative course designs, and out-of-this-world facilitation. I led a workshop today, was channeling my inner Natalie Currie and rocked it.”
Angie Allen, Graduate Student and Workshop Participant, London
“Natalie sets the bar high with our first module. Her presentation style engages the wide range of experience of our participants by drawing on their expertise and matching it to the new learning provided. Natalie is a pro“.
Barbara Bodkin, Executive Director (Retired) Continuing and Professional Education, University of Toronto, OISE, Toronto
“Exhibit Change has been up and running for nearly 5 years and we have tried several times to facilitate ourselves through the strategic planning process. Eventually it came time to bring someone in to facilitate us to the next level. Natalie was warm and generous with her time. She took our rambunctious and often tangential group and was able to steer us towards a 90-day action plan and long-term vision. She encouraged us to know when to stretch our goals and when to appropriately scale back. Truly, without Natalie’s facilitation and coaching we would not be where we are today. Having just passed our 90-day mark, we are able to more clearly articulate our goals moving forward and we have Natalie to thank.”
Jennifer Chan, Founder, Exhibit Change, Toronto
Five Reasons to You Need to Hire Natalie as Your Next Keynote or Plenary Speaker
- Natalie is a professional who delivers a handcrafted, interactive experience through powerful visual and verbal storytelling. She loves to include the audience as active participants in her talks. Natalie will captivate your audience and have them taking immediate action.
- She loves to promote events through a variety of social media channels including Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, and Slideshare, her regular blog and her monthly newsletter.
- Her signature Forward Momentum Program is included in every talk Natalie gives. Natalie has spent more than a decade studying human behaviour and knows what it takes to make sustainable behaviour change in the complexities of the corporate and business environment. Based on this leading research you’ll have access to resources tailored to the needs of your group following your event. These resources can include follow-up videos, webinars, just-in-time resources and consulting support to help lock-in the learning following your event. Natalie is available to work with clients longer term through coaching and consulting to deepen the learning experience and ensure that your event is not a one-off.
- Natalie is easy to work with and provides prompt and responsive follow-up (she has organized her own events so she understands the demands of event planning). You can count on her to arrive early and stay to meet with attendees well after she steps off the stage.
- Natalie works out of Toronto, Ontario which is a major transportation hub in Canada, making it easy to travel to your site.
Natalie makes event stakeholders and meeting planners shine.
Have some extra time in your event? Natalie will facilitate a meeting breakout, group/team or 1:1 coaching sessions during your event to further enrich the keynote experience.
“Natalie Currie excels at what she does in a way that can only be achieved by someone who is truly passionate about what they do. As a facilitator, Natalie meticulously creates a safe environment that encourages creativity and a free exchange of ideas. I cannot recommend Natalie enough; she is intelligent, friendly, engaging and a consummate professional who represents her product as well as anyone that I have ever seen.”
Adam Straker, Workshop Participant, Toronto
“Natalie facilitated our strategic planning session and was organized, professional and efficient. She took the time to understand the needs of our organization. Many of the participants praised her for keeping us on track, using diverse idea generators, and for keeping the energy level high for the 2 days. Natalie is a highly effective facilitator and an absolute pleasure to work with”.
Michelle Lem, Founder, Community Veterinary Outreach and Ashoka Fellow, Ottawa
“Natalie presented at our meeting and it was a fabulous opportunity to learn and grow. Hitting workplace negativity with a bright new way to solve problems holds great appeal. This was an interactive presentation. Natalie guided us to identify the minimal risk changes that could be applied to work teams. She quickly had all on board with a few exercises and participation was one-hundred percent. This workshop would be a wonderful addition to workplace and personal toolkits.
I would highly recommend Natalie Currie as a speaker and facilitator. All present were excited to tackle a chronic workplace problem with the newly learned strength-based tool.”
Patricia Wilkins, Program Committee Chairperson, Clinical Research Association of Canada, Toronto
The Most Popular Keynote Speaking Topics*
* All of these keynotes are also available in ½ day, 1-day and 2-day workshop formats. Every keynote and workshop is personalized and custom-designed to meet your unique needs (no canned or boring slide presentations here).
Strong Teams: A Revolutionary New Way to Build a High-Performing, Engaged Organization
Creating and maintaining strong, productive teams requires a special kind of diversity. Teams that discover how to leverage this diversity have more rewarding interpersonal relationships, better collaboration and experience accelerated results. With strong teams everyone wins. In this keynote, discover leading edge, strengths-based tools to build and foster strong team engagement. During this keynote Natalie will share:
- Tools to create greater team alignment, focus and productivity
- How to identify and leverage the inherent and complementary strengths of individual team members
- Skills for having richer and deeper team conversations
- How to navigate through transitions and transform conflict into high-impact collaboration
Positive Leadership: For This New World of Work
A good leader makes a difference. A positive leader makes a meaningful difference and creates a legacy. In this new world of work we need leaders with a clear vision and who are prepared to do the important work. These leaders need to know how to truly motivate and inspire their organization to greatness. Positive leadership isn’t reserved for executive suite employees; it’s a mindset and a critical set of skills that everyone in a flourishing organization needs. During this keynote Natalie will share:
- How to develop emotional intelligence which is at the heart of positive leadership
- Strategies and tools for leading through change and uncertainty from the burgeoning field of applied positive psychology and coaching fields
- Success stories from the field that can be applied to almost any organization
How to Be A Force For Good In the World: Six New Tools for Thriving in the Future of Work
Social enterprises, social entrepreneurs and not-for-profits each have the mandate of adding positive value in the world. While this is noble work, it isn’t for the faint of heart. As the world continues to shift, this indelibly shapes the future of change-agent work. Leverage your ability to create a positive future through six powerful stories/case studies, which underpin the roots of positive psychology. During this keynote Natalie will share:
- Her key insights about what the future of work will look like for change-agents
- How to remain resilient, agile and positive while on the change-agent journey
- Inspiring stories and case studies that showcase how you can add even more value and meaning to the world of work
Additional Popular Workshops
Strengths-Based Coaching: Bring your Best Self to Work Everyday
Strong Teams: A Revolutionary New Way to Build a High-Performance, Engaged Organization
Train-the-Trainer: Brain-Based Learning For a Distracted Workplace
Custom programs are always available
- 45 to 75 minute keynote
- 90 to 120 minute interactive keynote (keynote meets interactive workshop)
- 60 to 180 minute plenary or breakout session
- ½ day to three-day in-person workshop
- 60-180 minute virtual workshop
Natalie offers a discount to:
- Non-government organizations
- Not-for-profit/non-profit organizations
- Start-ups in their first year of business
Sample of Speaking/Workshop Engagements
- THNK School of Creative Leadership
- Free The Children/Me to We (multiple)
- Centre for Social Innovation (multiple)
- Nine to Five Narrative (multiple)
- Her Life: Her Legacy (multiple)
- Canadian Society for Training and Development
- Municipalities of the Greater Toronto Area
- The Martha Beck Coaching Summit
- Park Avenue Presentations
- Canadian Teaching Hospitals (multiple)
- The Society for Clinical Research Associates International Conference (multiple)
- The Canadian Critical Care Research Coordinators Group
- Ottawa General Hospital, Clinical Research Training Course (multiple)
- Clinical Research Associates of Canada
- Barnett Educational Services (multiple)
- Georgian College (Barrie Campus)
- University of Toronto (Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, Continuing and Professional Learning) (multiple)
- University Health Network (Princess Margaret Hospital)
- York University, Human Resources/Executive Coaching Program
- Insight Coaching
- Your Workplace Conference
- The Institute for Performance and Learning (formerly the Canadian Society for Training and Development)
“Natalie is a humble instructor who is always doing her best to deliver meaningful content to adult learners. She was also extremely respectful, knowledgeable, and above all, truly focused on providing an educational environment that is highly productive.
I would highly recommend Natalie to any organization that is looking for a practical session. Without a doubt, she is one of the best instructors I’ve ever had.”
Ramon Perdigao, Management Consultant, MBA, CQID, Toronto, Ontario
Sample of Facilitation/Coaching/Panel Engagements
- Engineers without Borders, Canada. ReThink: Leadership, Entrepreneurship, and Partnership for Global Development Conference
- South-by-Southwest Interactive Festival (multiple)
- South-by-Southwest V2V Conference
- Community Veterinary Outreach Strategic Planning
- Exhibit Change Strategic Planning
- The Coaching Fellowship
- Free the Children/Ford Canada
Download Natalie’s print-ready biography & head shot here:
Are you developing learning strategies for your organization that fully engage employees? Natalie is available for strategic review and planning assistance so you can create the maximal impact in your organization.