Team coaching capitalizes on the key workplace relationships that naturally exist within an organization or business unit: the team. Whereas executive coaching focuses on an individual employee, corporate team coaching takes a systems approach by focusing on the team as a whole while affirming the inherent strengths of each individual team contributor. Through the coaching process team members and the team as a whole develop and apply behavioural awareness and skills directly to their business goals.
Benefits of Hiring a Corporate Team Coach:
- More cost-effective than one-to-one executive coaching
- Superior team performance and productivity (teams focus on their business deliverables during coaching sessions)
- Shared team accountability leading to superior engagement levels and productivity
- Develop skills to leverage change management initiatives
- Leveraged individual team member strengths, talents and skills
- Transform team conflict including developing emotional intelligence, resilience, hold difficult conversations with ease, foster trust, leverage change and transform conflict into productive collaboration
- Superior multigenerational team collaboration
- Enhanced internal and external customer service
- Better employee morale and higher rates of engagement (which often spreads to other teams within your organization)
- Develop and retain high impact team leaders and team members
Areas of focus can include:
- Facilitate new and existing teams in establishing meaningful roles, goals, values and vision tied to business objectives
- Identify and leverage the complimentary strengths of team members (based on one of two well established strengths-based coaching assessments)
- Help teams manage through transitions such as organizational restructuring and/or shifts in organizational priorities
- Help manage unresolved conflict, low engagement or low productivity
- High impact team leader development
Strong Teams: A Revolutionary New Way to Build a High-Performance, Engaged Organization
Corporate Team Coaching Logistics
Team coaching is ideal for small to medium-sized intact teams or groups (e.g. managers from different departments with an organization) of 5-15 employees. Each team engagement is customized to the needs of each specific team and business goals. Coaching works equally effectively for teams who are physically co-located or geographically distributed.
Natalie works directly with the company sponsor (often human resources or the team’s director), the team leader and the team itself to facilitate setting appropriate goals, which are fully aligned to organizational priorities – this becomes the team’s coaching agenda.
Typical team coaching engagements start with a 2-4 hour in-person or virtual kick-off session, followed by regular (usually bi-weekly or monthly) coaching sessions (conducted by conference call, web-based technology or in some cases in person). There are regular check-ins with the company sponsor to discuss the coaching group’s progress (please note that the specific conversations between the coaching client and the coach are held in complete confidence). Additional telephone meetings between the coaching client, sponsor and coach meetings are scheduled at regular intervals to ensure that the coaching goals are being met.
To experience the greatest success with team coaching a commitment of 4 month to 8 months is recommended.
All coaching engagements are custom designed to meet the targeted business and client needs. A complete set of coaching assessments, tools, templates and other resources are included in each coaching engagement.
Natalie uses the following validated assessments in her work with teams:
For team leaders and managers:
For corporate teams:
Natalie is a credentialed Associate Certified Coach (ACC), through the International Coach Federation and fully adheres to their core competencies of the International Coach Federation and code of ethics:
Natalie offers a discount to non-government organizations, not-for-profit/non-profit organizations and start-ups in their first year of business.
Natalie is also available to speak to your group, class or mastermind.